Cost of Clutter
Think clutter doesn't cost? Think again! Disorganization costs money, wastes time, and even affects our health.
- Stressful environment (increased medical cost): Centers for Disease control and Prevention show that 80% of our medical expenditures are now stress related.
- Time wasted looking for things: Women spend approximately 55 minutes every day searching for items they know they have. That's almost 2 solid weeks a year! (Real Simple Magazine)
- Paying extra for storage space: 1 in 11 American Households rents a self-storage space, spending over $1000 a year in rent, contributing to a multi-billion dollar industry.
- Buying replacements for lost items/purchasing duplicate items
- Late fees on bills and taxes: 23% of adults say they pay bills late (thus incur fees) because they loose them (Harris Interactive). Unnecessary expenditures related to disorganization (last minute shopping at premium prices, buying duplicates of misplaced items, rush charges, late fees, finance charges, etc.) can cost as much as 15%-20% of your annual budget.
- Lost tickets, gift certificates, and money
- Missed opportunities
- Family/ workplace conflicts
- Wasted money on the wrong organizing tools, creating more clutter.
- Getting rid of clutter eliminates 40% of housework in an average home. (National Association of Professional Organizers) That's more time to spend on things you actually want to do!
- 80% of the clutter in homes is a result of disorganization, not lack of space. (NAPO)
- 80% of the things people collect they never use.
- We wear 20% of the clothes we own 80% of the time. (NAPO). Imagine the closet where you love everything in it and it all fits, making you feel and look amazing!
- 25% of people with a 2-car garage don't park any cars in their garages, and 32% only have room for one. (U.S. Department of Energy)
Get It Together! Call Jes now to set up a consultation. 660-342-5687
And follow us on Facebook for more organizing tips!